Find out the latest information on car parking here at Yeo Leisure, Yeovil
We understand that parking at Yeo Leisure Park can be difficult at busy times and advise customers to arrive early to avoid disappointment.
To help our customers’ park more easily, a ticketless system is now in place for a more efficient way of parking.
Please note the following instructions and restrictions when parking at Yeo Leisure Park:
- A maximum parking time of 5 hours parking for any stays in the car park
- Chargeable parking hours are between 9am and 6pm.
- When entering Yeo Leisure’s car park, the automatic number plate recognition system will register users vehicle’s details.
- There will be no need to pay on arrival or to worry about how long to pay for, as the system allows users to complete the parking transaction at the end of their visit, whether this is to validate the parking session for up to 3 hours, or to pay for stays of up to 5 hours.
- When visiting a business within Yeo Leisure Park, you may be given a paper barcode voucher, which can be scanned at the new payment machine, to obtain 3hrs free parking. For stays in excess of 3hrs, you can pay the difference at the payment machines.
- Yeo Leisure’s car park system accepts cash and card, including contactless payments.
- At the cinema, there will be tablets mounted inside the cinema, on which you can simply enter your registration and have your parking validated for up to 3hrs
- If you are using the Nuffield gym and are using more than the gym facilities – such as the spa or the café, you can request a parking validation of up to 5hrs from the reception counter.
- When leaving the leisure park, customers can validate their vehicles by inputting the registration details into the tablet supplied at any of the businesses on the park at the time of exiting
- The tablet will display the time of entry and if there is a cost to the users stay, the excess charge can be paid at the payment machines in the car park
- If you are visiting more than one of the businesses at Yeo Leisure Park, you can enter your vehicle registration on the tablet for extended validated parking of up to 5hrs in total (i.e.: when combining visits to multiple businesses at Yeo Leisure Park)
- Car park users who do not use the facilities at Yeo Leisure Park will continue to pay the standard parking charges at the pay machines
- If users do not validate the car details on the tablets within the businesses, users will be asked to pay the standard parking charges
- If you intend on using the businesses, please DO NOT pay in advance, as you will be charged the standard full price if you do not scan a voucher
- Car parking is free after 6pm and all day Sunday
- Please park in marked bays only. Blue badge holders only in disabled spaces
- Please do not park on roadways or footpaths
Failure to follow these instructions and restrictions may result in a parking charge notice.
If customers experience any problems, please contact the car park office and security team on 01935 476697 between the hours of 9am - 6pm every day.
How has the parking changed?
Previously, the car park was operated on Pay & Display, and car park users would need to pay on arrival, using coins only. They would then need to leave one part of the P&D ticket in their windscreen and take the other part into the businesses (Cineworld, Nuffield Health, Hollywood Bowl, Frankie & Benny’s, Pizza Hut) with them, where a member of staff would rubber stamp their ticket. This would then need to be taken to the parking office between 9am and 6pm to get a cash refund, based on 3hrs free for one stamp and 5hrs free for more than one stamp.The new parking system allows users to pay when they leave rather than on arrival. They can scan a parking discount voucher (from YLP businesses) at the new pay machines on their way back to their car, before leaving the car park. Scanning a single voucher will give them up to 3hrs free parking and scanning more than one voucher (from different businesses at YLP) will give them up to 5hrs free parking. Some of the businesses also have Validation Tablets, where users can type in their vehicle registration and get up to 3hrs free parking; these businesses include Nuffield Health, Cineworld, Frankie & Benny’s and Hollywood Bowl. Car Park users
Do the new pay machines take cards?
Yes, card payments are accepted at all four new pay machines within the car park, including for contactless payments and ApplePay / GooglePay.
Do the new machines still take cash?
Yes, two of the four new pay machines will accept cash, either notes or coins and will also issue change if required.
How do I get my free parking when using the businesses at Yeo Leisure Park?
The new parking system means that users do not have to do anything when they first arrive in the car park. The new system uses Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) Cameras, so the system will automatically calculate the applicable parking tariff. Users will be given a parking voucher when using the businesses at YLP, which they can scan at the pay machines on their way out, to get up to 3hrs free parking. Any additional time used can be paid after applying the discount voucher. Some of the businesses also have Validation Tablets, where users can type in their vehicle registration and get up to 3hrs free parking; these will combine in the same way to provide extended free time. Validations can be captured on Tablets in Nuffield Health, Cineworld, Frankie & Benny’s and Hollywood Bowl. Scanning a single voucher will give users up to 3hrs free parking. Scanning more than one voucher (or validating on a tablet in more than one business) will combine to give users up to 5hrs free parking – which is the Maximum Stay limit in the car park (applicable during chargeable hours of 9am to 6pm, Mon-Sat).
What if I’m only going into the town centre and not visiting any of the businesses in Yeo Leisure Park?
You are still more than welcome to use the car park at Yeo Leisure Park. Please visit a pay machine when you are ready to leave the car park – your parking fee will be calculated automatically when you enter your number plate details. Please read the signs in the car park for more information and remember not to stay in the car park for longer than 5hrs during the chargeable hours of 9am to 6pm, Mon-Sat.
What if I’m in the gym or the cinema for long periods of time or visiting the gym more than once a day?
If you are using the facilities for more than 3hrs, you can get up to 5hrs Free Parking, by selecting the applicable button on the screen of the Validation Tablet in the gym or the cinema. Speak to a member of staff for guidance, if required. Please remember not to stay in the car park for longer than 5hrs during any one visit within the chargeable hours of 9am to 6pm, Mon-Sat.
If I'm picking up or dropping someone off at Yeo Leisure Park, do I need to pay?
There is a 10 minute grace period for vehicles entering the car park. After 10 minutes, please visit the pay machine before exiting which will display any charges that may apply.
Sign up to our e-newsletter and be the first to hear exciting news, discounts, offers and events.